Saturday, December 15, 2007

The Closure

It had been one year since our relationship had ended... A relationship which had no name... but still it was the most precious thing... it had left me scarred.. depressed.. dejected... the past one year i had spent with a hollow feeling... a vacuum that existed within me... The things that I once enjoyed were no longer that enjoyable.. and the things that i loathed, I'd embraced them...

There were some unanswered questions.. I won't harass her again, I'd promised... It was a word to be kept until the end.. How can anyone so special can be estranged in a couple of months... How can someone be so hostile after such affection...

One strange night, I got all my answers.. answers that weren't satisfactory... but I didn't mind... I had learnt to forgive and to forget... my restless feelings got assuaged... we shared a few happy moments... moments from the past... about our future... It was a night I wished would never end... We both had been hurt with whatever had happened... things that were beyond our control... things that happened so fast, that before we had realized what had happened, it had broken many a dreams...

But as she rightly said...

"Do you know how crystals are formed?? The whole process takes thousands of years. All the impurities slowly come to the surface, and then get washed away, melt away or chipped away... and all that is left behind is a lovely core of crystal... Thats how memories can be... if the good outweighs the bad..."

I know I have lost someone really special... the one you hope to find throughout your lifetime ... I may not find someone like her again... The crystal of her memories are all that I have with me...
I have no regrets whatsoever... No grudges anymore...

Its easy to let go of someone if you get a proper closure... part in a happy note... no hard feelings, only good wishes of things ahead... I thank her a million for this conversation... this closure, which I was longing for the past one year... I feel whole again... now there are no tears, only smiles... of the past memories and things ahead... You have breathed a new life in me again, just like you had did when we met for the first time.. and now again when we part ways...

1 comment:

Heartfelt Words :) said...

Despite watever happens.. i swear these convos r damnn important!!!