Friday, April 20, 2007

My Favourite Quotes from "The Wonder Years"

“All our young lives we search for someone to love. Someone who makes us complete. We choose partners and change partners. We dance to a song of heartbreak and hope... all the while wondering if somewhere, somehow, there's someone perfect... who might be searching for us.”


“Growing up is never easy. You hold on to things that were. You wonder what's to come. But that night, I think we knew it was time to let go of what had been, and look ahead to what would be. Other days. New days. Days to come. The thing is, we didn't have to hate each other for getting older. We just had to forgive ourselves... for growing up.”


“Once upon a time there was a girl I knew, who lived across the street. Brown hair, brown eyes. When she smiled, I smiled. When she cried, I cried. Every single thing that ever happened to me that mattered, in some way had to do with her. That day Winnie and I promised each other that no matter what, that we'd always be together. It was a promise full of passion and truth and wisdom. It was the kind of promise that can only come from the hearts of the very young.”


“I guess sometimes the ground can shift between your feet. Sometimes your footing slips. You stumble. And sometimes you grab what's close to you and hold on as tight as you can.”


“Over the course of the average lifetime you meet a lot of people. Some of them
stick with you through thick and thin. Some weave their way through your life
and disappear forever. But once in a while someone comes along who earns a permanent place in your heart”


Growing up happens in a heartbeat. One day you're in diapers, the next day you're gone. But the memories of childhood stay with you for the long haul. I remember a place, a town, a house like a lot of other houses, a yard like a lot of other yards, on a street like a lot of other streets. And the thing is, after all these years, I still look back, with wonder.


Kevin: Margaret, can I ask you a question?
Margaret: Yes, Kegin.
Kevin: Why do you have 3 pigtails?
Margaret: Because you never know when you need an extra rubberband


I'm not sure how I did It, my memories begins with the crack of the bat, and the sight of the ball rising. Maybe that's not exactly what It happens. But that's the way It should have happen, and That's the way I like to remembering. And If dreams and memories sometimes get confused to well... That is It should be, because every kid deserves to be a hero... Every kid already is...

No comments: